MSc IT is a demanding and valuable IT Business Development and professional qualification globally. Notably, the degree integrates intellectual rigor that incorporates every eCommerce enterprise. Also, the graduates are proficient problem solvers; and offer inputs to unravel the complexities in the IT domains. Eventually, the program produces executive team leaders who are capable of working effectively in the constantly changing IT world.
What is MSc IT?
M.Sc. Information Technology (IT) concentrates on making an academic student technically capable in the theory of Information Technology, its application, and research related aspects. The program aims to make students eligible for the present as well as future IT Industry and research programs.
M.Sc. IT program is designed to convey theoretical as well as application knowledge and prepare oneself for research in the field. Almost all the concepts and subjects are similar to other computer courses, however, few focus areas are beyond the traditional scope.
MSc IT program includes the overall infrastructure and implementation of information technology initiatives. The importance of managing information technology projects is the main theme of the program and involves the integration of technology, people, and strategic development. Several aspects of information technology, such as emerging technologies, the IoT, and analytics are investigated to provide graduates with advanced insight into the field of information technology.
Career scope after MSc IT?
Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc IT) is the most rewarding career choice after B.Tech and B.Sc. degrees among the students in Nepal, especially for those candidates who aim for a high-paying job in the IT sector. The demand for IT professionals is growing exponentially in Nepal and thriving with many industry giants such as Verisk Information Technologies, Deerwalk Services, BrainDigit IT Solutions, Sprout Technology, and Yomari are looking for potential talents who can work for these organizations.
The IT sector has been growing at the rate of 12-15% annually and is one of the top employment sectors in Nepal in the past and present. The industries of the future are powered by technological innovations, digital platforms, and automation. These are changing the dynamics of the IT sector and the scope of career opportunities consistently. However, here are some profiles that are open after this course:
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Interface Engineer
- Java Developer
- Project Manager
- Information Security Analyst
- IT Consultant
- Network Administrator
- Web Developer
- Systems Support Administrator
- Security Expert
Presidential Business School’s MSc IT Essentials
Presidential Business School, affiliated to Westcliff University, California, USA. Westcliff University was established to provide quality education for students wishing to enter the expanding fields of Business and IT Education. Westcliff University’s mission for the Master of Science in Information Technology is to prepare students for leadership roles in technology, science, government, and engineering-based companies and entities. Students will develop and practice skills that sustain projects in Information Technology for the attainment of organizational goals that promote and sustain competitive advantage while benefiting the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, and Engineering as a whole by solving complex business problems related to contemporary industry issues.
Award Title: MSc Information and Technology
Awarding Body: Westcliff University
Institution: Presidential Business School
Duration: 24 months
Entry: Jan/Feb, April/May, Aug/Sep
The MSc IT at PBS is 2 years, 60 credits program designed to champion the need of IT professionals in various service sectors. The program prepares graduates to create Information Technology related computing solutions to complex business problems and apply them to different areas of IT that they come across in their professional capacities and thereby, contribute is the accomplishment of organizational goals.
What outcomes will you achieve?
- Enhance skills, knowledge, and attitudes for solving real world complex problems.
- Learn the latest and best industries’ practices in information technologies from the practical aspects.
- Create strategic plans that implement information technology requirements and specifications of complex technology systems.
- Evaluate computer systems and improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness by incorporating value computing methodologies.
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain information technology infrastructure to allow for the implementation of strategic initiatives that incorporate emerging technologies.
- Analyze and construct database management systems to meet the needs of business and technology decision-makers.
- Compare and contrast various methodologies of computer systems design to create efficacy in computer-related business functions.
- Create and develop the ability to conduct in-depth research, independently or within the enterprise in a broad range of information technology.
- Create, innovate, design, and improve technical aspects of data collection and analysis to sustain competitive advantage.
Why MSc IT?
Technology has made the world better, faster, and more connected. Thanks to the brilliant minds of IT graduates who took their passion for technology and used it to create gadgets and computer programing languages which help us every single day.
You can be one of the people who work on innovations that will take humanity forward.
Is blockchain the future?
How can we stop the next major cyber-attack?
Will AI have the answer to humanity’s major problems?
With an MSc IT degree, you’ll learn all the concepts and skills you need to answer many other such relevant questions. You will be capable to develop the next generation of gadgets or software programs which will improve the lives of millions of people.
The minimum academic requirements to apply to the Master of Science Information Technology Degree Program is:
Regular Degree Applicants – Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline from a recognized university of Nepal or universities around the globe with a minimum CGPA of 2.0, or 45% or an equivalent grade scale in undergraduate level.
Students must complete 60 credits (45 core course and 15 concentration) with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
MSc IT Program Core Course Requirements (45 Credit Hours):
- Principle of Data Management
- Information Technology Management
- Advanced Java Programming
- Software Engineering
- Modern Operating System
- Advanced Database Design & Management
- System Analysis and Design
- Research Methodology
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Telecommunication and Networking
- Management Information Security
- Advanced Web Programming
- Wireless & Mobile Systems
- Applied Information Technology Capstone Project
**A student can choose 15 credit hours courses for specialization in one of the following areas:
- Data Science
- Information Security
- Network Architecture
- Software Quality Assurance